I spend a lot of time telling people how they should eat and and how they should exercise. I have pretty much dedicated my life to it! Please do not misunderstand me I love helping people and getting them great results. I get flooded with questions every week from family, friends, and even people I have never met. Some of them get what I say and actually follow it. These are the people that see great results and really get lean and healthy. More however seem to ignore my advice or try to do it their own way.
So I thought sometimes maybe it would be easier to tell people what NOT to do and just maybe this will make the message a little more clear.
So this is 20 things you SHOULD do if you want to be fat and unhealthy.
If you find you do some of these things and if this lists offends you. I can’t be sorry. Why? Because these are all things you can control with some effort and dedication. You are reading this because you want to learn and be healthy so now you can use this as a tool to do exactly that!
1) Make sure you skip breakfast, and try to eat only 1-2 meals a day. If possible starve your self all day and have a really big meal at night.
2) Make sure if you do eat breakfast that you eat lots of high fat and sugary foods like syrup, white flour pancakes and Captain Crunch cereal and donuts. Do not forget the whole milk!
3) Try not to move very much during the day. If you work at a desk please try to stay there as much as possible. Make sure you park as close to the entrance of work as possible. If you work past the first floor you must take the elevator to and from your office.
4) If you eat lunch make sure its fast food only! Do not pack your lunch by hand or prepare a healthy meal in advance.
5) Make sure you avoid any kind of fruits and vegetables throughout the day. But if you decide to eat fruit make sure its canned and covered in heavy syrup!
Look for more tomorrow! 😉
6) Binge really late at night with tons of high saturated fat foods, high in sugar, and make sure its says enriched in the ingrediants. Make sure you eat till your really stuffed! Then go to bed immediatley!
7) Make sure you drink plenty of alcohol each night, beer, mixed drinks, wine, if you do not get at least 4-5 drinks you are not are not making the effort!
(8) Be sure not to lift weights, stretch, walk, run, or do anything that will raise your heart rate. Do not workout in any form EVER!
9) Watch TV and surf the net during any free time you have. Make sure you accompany these activities with plenty of high fat foods like Snickers, ice cream, chips, hot wings. Go to it!
10) Do not drink any water or fresh brewed unsweetened green tea, make sure all your beverages contain calories. Not just any calories but empty calories. Sodas, lemonade, kool aid, and high calorie flavored coffees would be IDEAL!
Look for Part 3 on Monday!
11) If you feel pain when you are exercising just ignore it and keep working out. It will just go away by itself.
12) Smoke everyday..try to get alteast 3-5 packs a day.
13) Make sure again not to get any vegetables, but if you have to, then make sure they are covered with lots of butter and salt.
14) Cut out all the fiber out of your diet. Fiber does nothing for you.
15) Make sure all the foods you buy and eat are prepackaged foods thats say hydrogenated oil in the ingrediant list.
16) Never wash your hands throughout the day
17) Do not take your vitamins there is no reason to supplement your lousy diet with something beneficial.
18) Weigh yourself everyday and complain to me it’s not changing. Remember how much you weigh means everything!
19) Never get more than 3-5 hours of sleep. You don’t need it!
20) Lastly make sure you stay up late at night and watch tv. Don’t forget to eat lots of junk food while doing so.
Some of you might read this and admit that you do some of these or all of these. Unfortunetly, none of these things will take you down the path you want to go to be happy and healthy. Your goals need to be focused around being healthy and changing your lifestyle just looking for something thats get get you lose weight really quick. Any of these things above and listed the last few days are not going to kill you if you do once a in a while. But if these are things that are habits they will. So lets develop just healthy habits and keep the bads one to a minumum.
I hear it all the time. A calorie is a calorie. As long as you burn more calories than you take in then you will lose weight. Well that is true in theory. But what if you are eating way below what your burning what happens then? Also not every food you eat is the same is it?
A 500-calorie donut and a 500-calorie balanced meal of chicken, brown rice, and broccoli are equal in calories outside the body, but as soon as they are eaten and swallowed your metabolism will metabolize or digest each food much differently. The donut will digest very quickly because of its high sugar and fat content. The sugar in the donut will create a high blood sugar spike and the sugar not used immediately will be stored as fat in your body. The fat and preservatives in the donut as well will be easily digested and have a great chance of being stored as fat. The chicken breast, brown rice and broccoli meal is much more complex with the high protein and fiber content, and this meal will digest in your body at a much slower rate. The slower digestion will give your body time to distribute the calories more effectively to be used for energy and rebuild tissue. This meal will virtually have no chance of being stored as fat.
A calorie is only a calorie before you eat it! Focus on getting balanced meals and the most natural foods possible and your body composition will thank you!
I want to start this paragraph out by stating that everyone needs a multivitamin. It does not matter how healthy you may think you eat, you need to be taking a quality multivitamin. The multivitamin that you take also has to be a two a day vitamin. There is no value in one a day vitamins, for they leave you undernourished at the end of the day. You need to take one with breakfast and one with dinner. It is important to take your vitamins with food for it will help with the digestion.
In fitness, the multivitamin is considered to be the foundation. It does not matter what your goal is, be it fat loss or muscle gain, without the multivitamin it will be a lot harder to reach your goal.
When trying to lose fat you are obviously going to cut down on the amount of food that you eat. When you cut down on food intake, being that you get your nutrients from food, you cut back on your nutrient levels as well. Now add in exercise. Exercise requires more nutrients. If you are exercising and your body does not have the amount of nutrients needed for the workload your body will pull nutrients right out of your muscle (nutrients are stored in the body’s muscle tissue) which is exactly what you do not want. This will cause you to burn muscle instead of fat, giving you a total negative result. If you take a good multivitamin your body will feed off of that and preserve your muscle tissue while burning fat.
Curious what multivitamin I take and recommend:
Men go here:
Women go here:
Fat loss doesn’t have to be that difficult. Try these simple steps and you’ll see just how easy it can be.
1. Eat smaller and more frequent meals – not only does this increase your metabolism every time you eat something, your body can more break down smaller meals better. Instead of having 3 large meals in a day, try to break them up into 5 or 6 smaller meals.
2. Drink more water and drink less pop – regular water intake helps to flush away waste products in the body. Get at least six to eight 8 oz. glasses per day. An easy way to do this is to keep a water bottle handy and drink from it frequently.
3. Move a little more throughout the day.- Park your car farther a way at work or when you go shopping.
4. Eat more lean protein – sources of protein include foods such as lean poultry, fish, eggs, lowfat dairy, beans, lean red meats, etc. Your body burns more calories digesting protein than either carbohydrates or fats. Protein also helps to support your muscle tissue, which burns calories all day long!
5. Take the stairs instead of the elevator – any time you can add in a little more physical activity, do it. This doesn’t mean you need to slog up 20 flights of stairs. Even a flight or two done regularly will add up.
6. Don’t wait till your hungry to eat – when you get hungry you will have a much greater tendency to overeat when you do finally get something to eat. As well, because your body is starting to go into starvation mode, it will be much more likely to hold onto whatever you give it.
7. Order small portions at restaurants – it’s tough to order small french fries when “supersizing” your order is such a great “value.” Take note, however, your real savings will occur in the calories that don’t end up on your backside.
8. Eat more fiber – fiber is very filling. By eating more fiber you will find yourself full sooner. This feeling of fullness will last a long time as well.
9. Wait 20 minutes between servings – your brain takes at least 20 minutes to register that you’re full. By waiting that long, you’ll give your brain a chance to realize that you don’t really need any more food.
10. Reward yourself on your nutrition plan – one thing I always make my clients promise is that they will reward themselves on their nutrition plan. The only thing I ask that they do is to reward ONLY when they have planned to reward. By planning when you are going to eat the foods you crave, you take back control of your eating habits.
This way you no longer “give in” to your cravings. You “reward yourself” for sticking to proper nutritional habits. Do this once or twice a week and you will feel far more in control of your eating.
In conclusion, if you follow even a few of these 10 easy tips in the long term, you will certainly notice a difference in your overall weight and health.
Will these 10 things be enough to reach goals alone? No, but it’s a great place to start!