fitness and nutrition coach
Oprah has made the official announcement. She is back over 200 lbs. I watch her show quite frequently and it has become very noticeable that her weight has once again dramatically increased since her 2006 weight of 160. Her current weight and body fat percentage would put her in the obese category and at put her at a much greater risk for heart disease, high blood pressure and cholesterol and diabetes.
She writes in her new January O magazine that “She has fallen off the wagon,” that “I am very mad at myself,” and “I’m embarrassed.”
1. I would have her STOP making excuses and take some responsibility for her actions. She also likes to blame her thyroid condition. She at one time admitted that once she was diagnosed she was afraid to exercise and ate whatever she wanted. Admitting that it is her actions that got her to where she is and not someone else or something else in her body. I am not saying the slow thyroid isn’t a real issue with someone and it can make it hard to lose weight, but there is still a lot of things Oprah could and should be doing to combat the fat.
2. I would take her off the long slow boring cardio routine. From what I have seen and hear, she tries to walk for 30-60 minutes a day (when she was exercising). I would have Oprah doing shorter more intense cardio sessions and have her do some incline speed walking or running. This would stimulate her metabolism and also be a shock to her system to burn more fat.
3. I would have her doing at least 3-4 days a week of high intensity circuit training with weights. Thirty minutes of total body resistance training with heavier weights will be more efficient for her and will shift her body into a fat burning mode. From this circuit training she would also tone the muscles and create feminine shapes.
4. I would have Oprah eating supportive meals every 3 hours six days a week and allow a one day a week reward day where there are no rules and she can eat whatever she wants. She will feel so lousy after over indulging reward day, that she won’t want to eat that junk for another week.
5. Lastly, I would have Oprah reexamine her goals and what she really wants from her life. This will remind her WHY she wants to lose weight and how her life would be different because of it. I would have her understand about how bad and uncomfortable her life would be if she continues to gain weight. I would have her see how much different her life could be if she lost 50 lbs.
Well there it is! My 5 Ways to get Oprah back to her to a healthy weight.
These 5 steps will work for anyone looking to lose fat and keep it off for good!
Your Fitness and Nutrition Coach,